What is RTD™ Wound Dressing?
RTD™ is a proprietary highly absorbent polyurethane/polyether foam integrated with Methylene Blue (up to 0.25 mg/g), Gentian Violet (up to 0.25 mg/g) and Silver Sodium Zirconium Phosphate (up to 7 mg/g).
Indications for Use:
RTD™ Wound Dressing is designed for use only in adults and for the management of partial to full thickness wounds with light to heavy exudate. RTD Wound Dressing has demonstrated effectiveness for pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, and diabetic foot ulcers.
RTD™ Features and Benefits
Active ingredients: Silver Sodium Zirconium Phosphate, Methylene Blue and Gentian Violet
- Draws protein rich exudate away from wound; helps create a favourable wound healing environment
- Effective antimicrobial and antifungal properties; helps reduce bacterial load
- Early and sustained antimicrobial protection; helps prevent biofilm
- Patient comfort; pain reduction has been reported
- Non-cytotoxic; use throughout the continuum of care
- Cost effective; reduces healing time; apply each dressing for up to 3 days
- Active ingredients are integrated into foam matrix
- Open cell structure; wicks exudate vertically
- Holds 15x its weight in exudate.
- Active ingredients are tightly bound to the foam substrate
Polyurethane foam is soft pliable and surface conforming:
- Easy to use; ready to apply.
- Does not require hydration prior to use
- Easily cut to size
- Versatile; for multiple wound types
RTD™ Wound Dressing – Mechanism of Action
- Strong affinity for dead cells not viable cells
- Strong Cation: draws negatively charged bacteria
- Attracts protein rich exudate (bacteria and dead tissue) into the dressing
- Attacks gram(-ve) and gram(+ve) bacteria
- Antibacterial and Antifungal properties
- Silver ions (Ag+) are released in the presence of exudate
- Volume of Silver ions released is proportionate to the amount of exudate
- Silver ions (Ag+) bind to bacterial cells
- Penetrates and kills gram (-) and gram (+) bacteria